The time has finally come to tackle the bathroom, which is long overdue for a revamp; it is worth noting that the bathroom can be totally different to the theme of your interior. The bathroom is, after all, a personal and private space, somewhere you can relax in a hot tub and recharge your batteries, and with that in mind, here are a few stunning bathroom features to consider for your renovation.
- Stand-alone bath – Whether you are into vintage or a contemporary look, a stand-alone bath sent in the center makes for the perfect bathroom feature. A long oval ceramic or acrylic bath would take pride of place in any bathroom, with high-end fixtures and fittings and some creativity. For the best deals on the top brands, find a reputable online supplier who offers trade prices, even for the DIY-er.
- LED mirrors – The ultimate in bling, an elegant LED mirror adds a touch of sophistication. Frameless shapes like oval, square, circular, rectangular, and arched, offer much in terms of style. Perfect for vanity task lighting, there is a range of LED tube colors including pink and blue, with tinted surfaces. Mirror tiles are another option worth considering, the futuristic look is currently trending.
- Double vanity – The extra worktop space makes it worth the extra for a double basin vanity; if you and your partner work similar hours, having two basins can save precious time. Natural stone is available, while acrylic units are stunning; Google Images can show you many fine images of double basin vanities; the online bathroom furniture store offers the lowest prices on the best brands, so you can’t go wrong. Here are a few outdoor home improvement projects to boost property value.
- Frameless shower screens – The latest generation of shower screens offer a seamless look, with a wide range of designs and finishes. Browse the online supplier’s site and choose something that belongs to your concept. Mirrored surfaces are all the rage at the moment, with tinted frameless units that can be made to fit like a glove. A few holes, raw plugs, and screws are all it takes to install shower screens, with a silicone seal applied with a gun. If you are not so confident, hire a local tradesman to install the panels.
- Ceramics – If Art Deco is your thing, black and white ceramic tiles fit the bill, or maybe contrasting soft pastel shades. Choose carefully regarding size; keep things in proportion is important for a balanced look. Contrasting grout is another way to highlight the walls and floors. Grouting is an art and you must use the plastic spacers that come with the adhesive; watch a few ‘how to grout’ videos on YouTube and you should have no issues.
More Australian homeowners are turning to DIY home improvements, mainly due to the high cost of labour these days and the online supplier offers the top brands at affordable prices, which you won’t find in a bricks-and-mortar store.